The CGIAR Research Program on Grain Legumes is organizing a one day Open Forum on Science in Grain Legumes on 6th July 2014. This is an independent meeting organized alongside the IFLRC VI and ICLGG VII meetings in Saskatoon in Canada.
The Open Forum on Science in Grain Legumes is a one day open meeting organized by the CGIAR Research Program on Grain Legumes that aims to promote and highlight the best science conducted within this program. The open forum will have presentations from various scientists and researchers working in the CGIAR Research Program on Grain Legumes. For tentative agenda, please click here (http://sdrv.ms/J9PMZd )
Themes and Chairs
- Gender in Grain Legumes: Dr Sachiko Sisobe, Head, Applied Plant Genomics, Kaduza DNA Research Institute, Japan
- Capturing unique legume ability to fix nitrogen and Managing Key biotic stress: Dr Dave Hoisington, Director – Peanut Mycotoxin Innovation Lab, Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Collaborative Research on Peanut and Mycotoxins
- Addressing abiotic stresses and climate change effects: Dr Irvin Widders, Director – Legumes Innovation Lab, Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Collaborative Research on Grain Legumes
- Generating new opportunities to intensify cropping systems: Dr Kadambot Siddique, Hackett Professor of Agriculture Chair and Director, UWA Institute of Agriculture, the University of Western Australia, Australia
- Noel Ellis, Director, CGIAR Research Program on Grain Legumes
- SK Chaturvedi, Principal Scientist, Chickpea Breeding, IIPR, India
- Manuele Tamo, Insect Ecologist & Country rep, IITA, Benin
- Steve Beebe, Bean Program Leader, CIAT, Colombia
- Dr Michel Ghanem Plant physiologist, ICARDA, Morocco
- Patrick Okori, Principal Scientist – Groundnut Breeding, ICRISAT, Malawi
- Shiv Kumar Agrwal, Lentil Breeder, ICARDA, Morocco
- Pooran Gaur, Assistant Director, Research program – Grain Legumes, ICRISAT, India
- Rajeev Varshey, Director, Research program – Grain Legumes, ICRISAT, India
- Tolulope Agunbiade, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Timothy J Close, University of California, Riverside
- Dr. Harsh Nayyar, Panjab University, India
- S Anitha,ICRISAT-Malawi
- Omar Ali, BARI
- Dr. Sarvjeet Singh, Punjab Agricultural University
- Damaris A Odeny, ICRISAT-Kenya
- Esther Njuguna, ICRISAT-Kenya
Who can attend?
Anyone with interest in grain legume research and science can attend this meeting.
The participation in the Open Forum is free. But for logistical reasons prior registration is required to attend the meeting. Please fill in the online registration form here (http://sdrv.ms/1esvjh2 ) by 15 June 2014.
The Open Forum is organized in the Salon C of TCU Place, Saskatoon’s Arts & Convention Centre. Click here for map and directions (http://goo.gl/98T3Yp).
Please note that the IFLRC VI and ICLGG VII is also organized in the same venue.
For more details and queries, please write to email@example.com
About CGIAR Research Program on Grain Legumes
The CGIAR Research Program on Grain Legumes is an ambitious new international program to improve eight crops that are vital to the health, prosperity and resilience of hundreds of millions of poor people across the developing world. The program is led by ICRISAT in partnership with CIAT, ICARDA, IITA and public and private institutes and organizations, governments, and farmers worldwide.