ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture. ICRISAT is headquartered in Greater Hyderabad, Telangana, India and belongs to the Consortium of Centers supported by the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR). Please visit www.icrisat.org for more information.
ICRISAT is the Lead Centre for the implementation of two CGIAR Research Programs (CRPs), one on Dryland Cereals and the other on Grain Legumes. ICRISAT intends to commission a CRP Commissioned External Evaluation (CCEE) to assess progress in implementation of the two CGIAR Research Programs and to verify the continued validity of the CRP planned impact pathways. Details of Grain Legumes Research Program can be found at: http://www.grainlegumes.cgiar.org/
ICRISAT seeks Expression of Interests (EOI) from Consulting Firms to conduct the CCEE for each or both the CRPs. Interested firms are expected to provide details of the proposed evaluation team(s), one per CRP. Firms are required, in their EOI, to provide the following information with supporting documents.
- Experience of the firm in conducting evaluation of similar research programs in developing countries and/or related agricultural development programmes. Experience of working with CGIAR Institutions is highly desirable
- Proposed team composition, including the skills and experience of the potential evaluators
- Proposed approach to the evaluation, including evidence gathering, data collection and analysis and reporting
- Evidence of sound Financial Position (audited financial reports for the last three years and /or annual reports, turnover for the last three years or any other related information related to sound financial position)
- Company/Firm profile including legal status
The estimated duration of each contract is 6 months. Interested Firms should send expressions of interest by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 20 December 2014. Bid contracts with total cost for the evaluations in excess of US$ 200,000 for each CRP will not be considered. Please click the following for the Terms of Reference.